- Selecting flexible joints for use in hot water supply lines
Deterioration by oxidization due to heat or oxygen is one cause of rubber degradation, and is considered to be significantly affexted by the amount of oxygen dissolved in fluids. Particularly for (very_ hot water supply lines, as oxygen is constantly supplied in makeup water from external sources, the amount of oxygen dissolved in fluids is high compared to (cool_ hot water etc. in air conditioning lines. In addition, the actions of heat and stress (pressure, displacement, etc. as well as residual chlorine etc. in makeup water promote rubber. deterioration by oxidization, leading to significant reduction in produc service life. Thus, we do not recommend the use of rubber flexible joints in hot water supply lines due to internal surface degradation and resulting product damage.
We commend the use of fluoro carbon polumer flexible joints in hot water supply lines, as their wetted parts have excellent heat resistance
- Selecting flexible joints for use around pool water circulation pumps
Disinfection equipment (ozone and chlorine) is often installed close to pumps in pool water circulation lines, leading to high concentration of dissolved oxygen, chlorine, etc., and likely early degradation due to corrosion of rubber flexible joints. To that end, we have noted in our catalogs that rubber flexible joints cannot be used around pool water circulation pumps, and that werecommend the use of fluoro carbon polymer flexible joints around pool water circulation pumps. However, rubber flexible joints can alsod be used around pool tanks and drainage lines (including overflow lines) because the concentration of dissolved oxygen, chlorine, etc. in pool water is relatively low in those locations.
- Rubber flexible expansion joints, rubber flexible joints, and fluoro carbon polymer flexible joints packing.
Rubber flexible expansion joints, rubber flexible joints, and fluoro carboon polymer flexible joints are fitted with sealing packing used for flange connection on the product main body side. Additional packing is not required.
However, when there are damage or protrusions between the flange connections, our product packing may be damaged and cause problems when using the product. Please insert a separate gasket (sheet packing). For connecting to ductile cast-iron pipes GF type (channel type) flange and “UFLEX” please refer to the relevant question(s).
- We have installed vibration-isolating frames and rubber flexible joints on the pumps in our machinery room, but vibration and noise are reaching the floors above it. We want to know what the causes and solutions could be.
- Does the horizontally and vertically installed piping have vibration-isolating supports? If not, please take vibration-isolating measures.
- Have you back-filled the holes where piping passes through frames (of walss and floors) with mortar etc.? Where mortar has been used, please remove it and replace it with rockwool.
- Do you have any concerns about vibration isolation only with pads?
Simply placing pads is likely to provide sufficient cushioning materials when no attention is paid to vibration and noise generated depending on the equipment capacity and location of installation. The standard applied load per 1cm2 of pad is approximately 2-4kgf/cm2. Pads function more as cushioning than vibration-isolating material, and are not an appropriate choice of material when aiming to prevent generation of vibration.
- If we use rubber flexible joints around pumps, then do we really need vibration isolation supports on horizontal and vertical piping?
Piping vibration can be caused by pulsation due to pressure fluxtuations within the piping and vibration from the machinery itself. Rubber flexible joints are likely to be effective againts mehanical vibrations. However, vibration caused by pulsation due to pressure fluctuations within the piping occures througout the length of the piping, so installation on the horizontal and vertical piping past the rubber flexible joint attachment point of vibration isolation support suiting the intended usage of the building is also necessary.
PT. Tozen Mechanical Products Jakarta Marketing Office
JL. Raya Cikande, Rangkasbitung
KM 4.5, Junti, Jawilan,
Serang – Banten
Rukan Shibuya Blok D-12, PIK2, Teluknaga, Tangerang, Banten 15510
+62 21 3973-0986
+62 21 3973-0988